**Response to COVID-19 - Information for 2023 Admissions Cycle**
CNUCOM is aware that many of you are facing numerous challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. In response to the challenges our applicants are facing with online coursework, we are exercising flexibility with distance learning coursework taken during this time. Distance-learning Science coursework and lab work with pass/fail grades will be taken into consideration for fulfillment of prerequisites, case by case. CNUCOM will continue to conduct a complete holistic review of your application and materials. Primary and secondary application deadlines will remain the same with room for flexibility of extensions for the secondary application, upon submission of a request. For further information regarding any of the above please email COMadmissions@cnsu.edu
Admission Steps for Fall 2023 Applicants
- Complete CNUCOM admission prerequisites
- CNUCOM accepts MCAT scores from the last 3 years. Acceptable MCAT versions are:
- New MCAT Exam (only test scores after January 01, 2019 are accepted)
- Complete your application via the Association of American Medical Colleges portal AMCAS
- Completed AMCAS applications will be reviewed by the CNUCOM Admissions Committee and Admissions Office
- Selected, qualified applicants will be invited to complete the CNUCOM Supplemental Application (a $100 non-refundable fee is assessed to the application)
- Submit your Letters of Recommendation (LOR). Applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation from the categories listed below:
3 letters are required with a maximum of 6 letters, which should include the following:
2 Letters from Category 1 or a Committee Letter (required)
1 Letter from Category 2 (required)
An additional letter from Category 3 can be submitted (optional)
- Category 1: A Science professor teaching the BCPM course (Required).
- Category 2: Other (e.g., Research Advisor, Non-Science Professor, Community Leaders, Employer Superior) (Required).
- Category 3: A Healthcare Provider (Optional).
Submit all letters of recommendation to the AMCAS letter service only. Letters dated prior to January 2021 will not be accepted. *If you have been out of school for more than 5 years, in lieu of the BCPM course letters, you may provide additional letters from category 2 and 3.
- Completed Supplemental Applications will be thoroughly reviewed. Highly qualified candidates will
be sent an invitation to participate in an on-campus interview. All applications that are not selected will remain under review until the end of the cycle.
- Successfully complete an on-campus interview.
- The Admissions Committee will confidentially review and vote on completed application packages asreview and vote on completed application packages as Accepted, Waitlisted or Rejected.
- The Admissions Office staff will then communicate the final vote, and next steps if applicable to candidates
* All admission decisions are final. Requests for admission decision appeals will not be accepted.
* The College of Medicine is not accepting transfer students from other medical schools and/or programs.
* At this time, the College of Medicine M.D. Program is only open to U.S. citizens and legal residents with Green Cards.
Please visit our Admissions FAQs for more information