Mohamed Ahmed, MBChB, MSc
Assistant Professor of Anatomy
Office: (916) 686-8523
Fax: (916) 686-7310
- MBChB Cairo University
- Diploma of Clinical Pathology Cairo University
- BMSc College of Medicine and Dentistry, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada
- MSc (Anatomic Pathology) College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, SK, Canada
- Clinical Anatomy Teaching Fellowship, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, SK, Canada
Prior to joining CNU College of Medicine, Dr. Ahmed spent eight years in teaching anatomical sciences to students of medicine, dentistry, physical therapy, kinesiology and science at the University of Saskatchewan, Canada. His teaching experience included, but not limited to, dissection-based gross anatomy, 3D anatomy, embryology and functional physiology. Dr. Ahmed has experience with several methods of teaching including didactic classic methods, problem-based learning, case-based learning as well as team-based learning methods. Dr. Ahmed supports an open-door policy with his students.
Dr. Ahmed is interested in conducting pre-clinical and clinical research on metabolic syndrome, Type-II diabetes and chronic kidney disease (CKD) at CNU College of Medicine. Part of his research at the University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine involved utilizing Synchrotron in measuring bone density in a comparison between diabetic and diabetic-hypertensive Zucker Diabetic Fatty Rat Models (a model mimics the human nephropathy model).
- Ragheb, F. Elbarbry, K. Prasad, A. Mohamed, M. Ahmed and A. Shoker (2008). Attenuation of the Development of Hypercholesterolemic Atherosclerosis by Thymoquinone. Int J Angiol; 17(4): 186-192.
- M. Ahmed, A. Shoker (2010). Vitamin D Metabolites: Protective vs. Toxic Properties: Molecular and cellular Perspectives. Review Article. Nephrology Reviews. 2(1): 19- 26.
- M. Ahmed, Jing-Zhang Ji and Qing H. Meng (2011). Lipoprotein-Associated Phospholipase A2: How Effective as a Risk Marker and a Therapeutic Target? Inflammation and Allergy-Drug Targets. Aug 1; 10 (4): 236- 46
- M. Ahmed, A. B. Jadhav, A. Hassan and Qing H. Meng (2012). Acute phase reactants as novel predictors of cardiovascular disease. ISRN Inflammation Volume 2012, Article ID 953461, 18 pages doi:10.5402/2012/953461.
- Ahmed Attia, Siew Hon Ng, M. Ahmed, Kailash Prasad, Ahmed Shoker. Rapamune does not attenuate high-cholesterol induced atherosclerosis in NZW rabbit. Int J Angiol 2014; 23: 111- 120
- Awad, K; Boyes, N; Iqbal, R; Ahmed, M; Mohamed, A; Aswath, P; Tomczak, C; Varansi, V. Hepatocyte growth factor administration increases bone soluble phosphate and alters bone chemical structure in diabetic hypertensive rat. Journal of Materials Research 2021; DOI:10.1557/s43578-021-00300-8
- M. Ahmed (2009). Mystery of Bronze Diabetes; Pathophysiology, Diagnosis and Mass Spectrometric Approach, VDM Verlag Dr. Muller, Saarbrucken, Germany, Published (143 pages).