Admission Steps for Fall 2017 Applicants of four-year MD program
Important Communication Policy for Fall 2017 College of Medicine Applicants: To ensure that all applicants have an equal and ethical assessment of their application; all inquiries regarding your application and material are to be directed and submitted to the Admissions Office only at 916-686-7300 ext. 177 or via e-mail at COMadmissions@cnsu.edu.
Any type of communication made by the applicant (or applicant’s parents, employers/supervisors, and faculty/advisors) to the CNU President, College of Medicine Dean or Admissions Committee members is strictly prohibited. Any attempt to do so will be viewed as “inappropriate communication” and may negatively impact your application due to failing to follow the Communication Policy as stated.
- Complete CNUCOM admission prerequisites.
- CNUCOM accepts MCAT scores from the last 3 years. Acceptable MCAT versions are:
- Traditional MCAT exam (only test scores after January 01, 2013 accepted)
- New MCAT Exam
- Complete your application via the Association of American Medical Colleges portal AMCAS.
- Completed AMCAS applications will be reviewed by the CNUCOM Admissions Committee and Admissions Office.
- Selected, qualified applicants will be invited to complete the CNUCOM Supplemental Application (a $100 non-refundable fee is assessed to the application).
- Submit your Letters of Recommendation (LOR). Applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation from the categories listed below.
- First letter from:
- Healthcare institution
- Two letters from:
- Science professor
- Non-science professor
- Practicing physician
- Academic advisor
- Research advisor
- University student services
- University governance/advisor
- Current healthcare employer supervisor
- Other institution faculty
In lieu of the three LOR’s above, applicants can choose to submit one Pre-Med Committee Letter AND one letter from either category above. Submit all letters of recommendation to the AMCAS letter service only.
- Completed Supplemental Applications will be thoroughly reviewed. Highly qualified candidates will be sent an invitation to participate in an on-campus interview.
- Successfully complete an on-campus interview
- The Admissions Committee will confidentially review and vote on completed application packages as Accepted, Waitlisted or Rejected.
- The Admissions Office staff will then communicate the final vote, and next steps if applicable to candidates.
- All admission decisions are final. Requests for admission decision appeals will not be accepted.
- The College of Medicine is not accepting transfer students from other medical schools and/or programs.
- At this time, the College of Medicine M.D. Program is only open to U.S. citizens and legal residents with Green Cards.
Please visit our Admissions FAQ for more information