Center for Research in Medical Education
The mission of the Center for Research in Medical Education (CRME) is to cultivate a culture of excellence, innovation and scholarship in medical education among the CNUCOM basic science and clinical faculty members.
Our goal is to promote excellence in the areas of teaching innovation, educational research and scholarship. The core initiatives to accomplish our mission include:
- Supporting and encouraging faculty to adopt excellence in research methods
- Supporting and encouraging faculty to adopt innovative methods in knowledge dissemination
- Guiding faculty to conduct educational research including utilization of assessment of teaching/training tools
- Assisting faculty to develop and validate new teaching assessment tools
- Training faculty to utilize advanced and innovative teaching technologies to enhance the learning experience of students
- Coordinating structured collaborations between faculty for innovative integrative, interdisciplinary and interprofessional teaching
- Recognizing excellence and innovation in teaching and scholarship in the form of awards
- Disseminating new knowledge in medical education.
At the heart of all the programs planned by the Center for Medical Education Research, is a strong belief that sharing best practices and expertise is the best way to create a culture of excellence.
The Center for Medical Education Research will also offer:
- Workshops on emerging topics in the field of medical education.
- Workshops on innovative technologies in medical education.
- Assistance and guidance in forming small interest groups on specific topics.
- Individual faculty one-on-one consultation sessions as a part of the “Mentors in Medical Education Research” program.
- Coaching on innovative teaching skills.
- Resources to support professional development of faculty members in these areas.